Recipe: Creme brulee with salted caramel
Salted caramel crème brûlée, a different cream with a scent of salted caramel sauce, it’s hard to remain indifferent to this divinely scented cream. We love it or we don’t like to be careful about managing sugar. It’s true that caramel brings a lot of sugar, I think I’ve found the right dose. This salted caramel crème brûlée changes the texture of the cream a little, be careful to monitor the cooking.
- Salted caramel crème brûlée recipe for 4 people:
- 150 g of caster sugar for caramel
- 50 g salted butter for caramel
- 1/2 liter of 33% quality liquid cream
- 3 egg yolks and 1 whole
- 20g sugar
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Heat half of the cream, once boiling remove from heat.
- Separate the yellows from the whites.
- Add the egg yolks then the whole egg, the 20 g of sugar, whisk to mix well.
- Heat 150 gr of dry sugar in a large saucepan for the caramel sauce.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, incorporating the sugar still in crystals.
- Gradually add the other half of the very cold cream to the melted caramel.
- Stir in the cold butter in small pieces off the heat.
- Pour the warm caramel into the mixture with the eggs and the cream.
- Divide among your ramekins.
- Place in a bain-marie with cold water, starting with a hot oven at 220 ° C, for 30 minutes.
- Be careful, this is the hardest cooking in crème brûlée. It should never boil very hard, just a few air bubbles on the surface and your cream is ready.
- Let cool and put in the fridge.
- Distribute the brown sugar on the ramekins and burn your sugar with a blowtorch so that it caramelizes and faces a small crust.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of people: 4
5 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Salted caramel crème brûlée
My favorite wine for this recipe: Coteaux du layon Chenin blanc grape
Temperature between 07 ° and 08 °
Melt the sugar Let the caramel color Dark caramel It gets to temperature Dilute Add the butter Heat creams Cooked cream