Tomato Double Fat Recipe
A recipe to be enjoyed with papi René, my children don’t like, even with tripe that has cooked overnight. So I take advantage that my daughter is on vacation with her mother to make me a nice double fat with tomato. Divinely scented with sweet paprika, I took great pleasure in preparing it, an easy recipe to make and also very reasonable in price. I served my tomato double fat with white rice, a nice contrast of colors with this rice. I still have 500 gr in my freezer, indeed I was a little wrong in the capacity of my cast iron casserole dish, so I will present you other recipes than this beautiful recipe for double fat with tomato.
Double fat tomato recipe for 3 people
- 500 g of double fat (or pre-cooked).
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large onions
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 20 cl of dry white
- Peel the onions and garlic
- Cover the tripe with a volume of salted water, put the lid on.
- Add an onion cut in 4 and 2 peeled and halved carrots.
- A tablespoon of peppercorns.
- Cook for 6 hours on low heat (you can avoid this step by buying it pre-cooked)
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Heat a spoonful of olive oil in a Wok.
- Sear the onion and garlic.
- Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add the tomatoes, dilute the tomato paste, then add the.
- Cut the double cooked fat into strips.
- Add the double fat to the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the paprika and incorporate it into the tomatoes.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 6 hours 45 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Tomato double fat
My favorite wine for this Coteaux du Lyonnais red recipe Grape varieties: Gamay
Temperature between 14 ° and 16 °
Slice the double fat Cook the double fat Double cooked fat Add the tomato Zoom