Bacon Fougasse Recipe
We were only the two at home, my daughter and I. Cool meal, it feels good sometimes, she chose homemade pizza. And there you have it, hop in the stove, so I decided to make a Fougasse with bacon, I’ve been thinking about it for some time and the fact of having found a recipe in my bread book, decided me. In addition, it’s a recipe from the south, it smells of the sun, I have scrupulously respected the basic recipe, I will have many other opportunities to present you with fougasse recipes with tons of vegetables. This time it is therefore Fougasse with bacon. Frankly we loved it and each ate theirs, almost envying the other’s. In my opinion a little rich in cream; but it is also true that it particularly gave an exceptional flavor to this Fougasse with bacon.
Bacon Fougasse recipe for 4 people:
- 125 g smoked bacon
- 250 g of type 55 flour
- 150 g of lukewarm water at 20 °
- 50 g of liquid sourdough
- 5 g baker’s yeast
- 5 g of salt
- 15 g oil
- 200 g heavy cream
- 35 g Emmental
- Preheat the oven to 235 °, with the rack at the bottom of the oven.
- Mix the flour, salt, liquid sourdough, yeast and water in the food processor.
- Knead for 5 minutes at slow speed.
- Then knead for another 7 minutes at high speed.
- Incorporate the oil and knead for another 3 minutes at high speed.
- The dough should be soft and smooth, it is gathered on the hook.
- Flour your work plan.
- Form a ball and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Leave to rise for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Fold the dough in half and let it rise for another hour.
- Flour the work surface and divide the dough into 4.
- Roll the dough pieces on themselves, giving them an elongated shape.
- Leave to stand for another 15 minutes under a damp cloth, solder underneath.
- Roll out the dough pieces by hand, to obtain oval pastes.
- Place the pastry on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Spread the cream generously, leaving a 1 cm edge.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Add the bacon.
- Let it grow for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven, adding 5 cl of water in the bottom plate for 4 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 220 ° and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Brush olive oil on the virgin edges of the fougasse.
- Enjoy without moderation.
Preparation time: 2 hours 45 minute (s) of growth
Cooking time: 14 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Fougasse with bacon
My favorite wine for this recipe: Côte de Provence rosé Grape Cinsault, Syrah, Grenache noir
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Prepare the doughLet it growRaised doughAdd ingredientsCooked fougasse