Recipe: Hot Mount of Gold
Hot mont d’or recipe cooked with potatoes. Mont d’Or cheese has a second name, Vacherin, it is the same cheese, the name varies depending on the region. Here for this cheese recipe, I baked it in a black casserole dish, this allows the mont d’or to develop and flavor the potatoes. Potato and cheese a marriage that can be found in all regions, here the hot Mont d’Or of Franche-Comté.
- Hot Mont d’or recipe for 4 people:
- 1 mound of gold of 500 gr
- 4 onions
- 250 gr of smoked bacon
- 1,400 kg of sweet potato
- Peel the onions, then cut them into small pieces.
- Peel the potatoes, then cut them into 1 cm slices.
- Put the bacon in the cast iron casserole dish.
- Add the chopped onions.
- Pour the potatoes over the bacon, making sure that no potato directly touches the casserole dish.
- Pour a small glass of water.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cover the casserole dish then place in a hot oven at 150 ° for 1 hour.
- Mix the contents of the casserole dish
- Cut the mont d’or into a strip crosswise.
- Place the cheese strips on the potatoes;
- Place in a hot oven at 180 ° for 45 minutes
- Then remove the cover and leave for another minutes
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Number of people: 4
Cooking time: 45 minutes
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Hot Mont d’or with potatoes
My favorite wine for this recipe: Côte du Jura Cépage Chardonneray, Savagnin blanc, Pinot blanc.
Temperature between 11 ° and 12 °
Ingredients Grill the bacon Leaving the pdt Season Let it melt The mount of gold Ready Cook in the oven