Recipe Leg of confit wild boar
Wild boar haunch recipe, I chose a low temperature recipe to make this leg. Of course it’s a bit long, but the advantage is that you can do it two or three days in advance. The meat remained divinely soft with an almost exceptional tenderness. The sauce was deliciously fragrant, smooth and shiny at the same time, besides the photo speaks for itself. What a pleasure to make a dish with so much flavor, it melts in your mouth. For fun, I cut it with a spoon and yes it is a leg of leg with a spoon, this expression takes on its full value with this leg of candied boar. I was almost surprised at this sauce which shone like a mirror and its scent was intoxicating. Maybe you find that I abuse with all these compliments, well no it’s still far from reality, I loved my haunch of candied boar. A little thought for Daniel who provided me with this little boar, a big thank you.
- Recipe of 10 for people:
- 1.600 kg wild boar shoulder
- 1 bard representing twice the surface of the casserole dish
- 15 gr of coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon of peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices
- 2 shallots
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves
- 2 star badian
- 1 tablespoon of full-flowered honey
- 1 bottle of Saint Amour red
- To fight
- 400 gr of flour
- 15 cl of cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of brown sauceline
- Cut the bard to the dimensions of the bottom of your cast iron casserole dish, in duplicate.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with the first bard.
- Place the leg on the bard.
- Peel and quarter the onions and shallots.
- Prick the ¼ onion with the clove.
- Add the onions and shallots around the leg.
- Pour the honey over the meat.
- Pour the wine over the honey.
- Add the spices, star anise, salt and pepper.
- Prepare the flour to fight the Baeckeofe mold.
- Put the lid on and wrestle, so that the mold is closed and airtight.
- Place at the bottom of the oven to bake for 12 hours at 120 °.
- Lower the oven to 75 °.
- Break the crust of bread on the mold, be careful not to drop any crumbs into the meat.
- Remove the leg delicately, be careful it is candied.
- Collect the cooking juices in a saucepan, filter the cooking juices using a Chinese
- Place the pan in the refrigerator or outside and allow the fat to set.
- Put the leg back in the casserole dish, then put the casserole dish in the hot oven.
- Carefully degrease the sauce.
- Raise the temperature under a low heat.
- Pour the hot sauce into the casserole dish.
- Just before serving place the meat in a hot serving dish with the sauce.
- Cut the meat directly on the table, cut and serve with a large spoon.
- The meat is tender, the leg of the leg with a spoon is ready to be tasted.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 12 hour (s)
Number of people: 10 people
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: 12-hour boar leg
My favorite wine for this recipe: Saint Amour Cépage Gamay
Temperature between 14 ° and 15 °
Pour the wine over the meatCover with bardClose and fightBreak the flour breadReserve the sauceDegrease the sauceFilter the sauceLeg confitZoom leg of lambThe plateZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/6474168004509176831.jpg" class="aligncenter"