Recipe: Paris Brest in a glass
Recipe from Paris Brest in a verrine, this verrine always has a lot of effect, I like to present it on a dessert buffet. In Paris Brest, I like the dough as much as the buttercream. When I garnish the cabbages I find it very difficult not to taste every five minutes, in case the taste could change in a few minutes. But I also take great pleasure in making these verrines, the dose of choux pastry is quite difficult to dose and be careful to think about reducing the cooking a little because in the glasses it heats up even more. Paris Brest is, and always will be, one of my favorite pastries and even more now that I make them.
- Paris Brest recipe in verrines for 8 people:
- 5 eggs
- 110 g butter
- 12.5 cl of water
- 140 g flour
- 12.5 cl of milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the cream
- 150 gr of pastry cream
- 100 gr of chocolate praline cream
- 200 gr of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- 2 egg yolks
- Bring the water to the boil with the milk and the butter cut into small squares, until the butter is melted.
- Add the flour off the heat all at once.
- Stir with a spoon until the mixture comes off the spoon and the pan.
- Return the saucepan to the heat for 3 minutes to dry out the dough, stirring continuously.
- Pour into a bowl to stop cooking.
- Incorporate egg by egg, mixing vigorously.
- The choux pastry is ready.
- Generously butter the verrines.
- Fill three quarters of choux pastry with a notched pocket.
- Brown the top with the egg yolk
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, beware the cooking in the verrines is different, monitor.
- Let cool in the oven.
- The next day.
- For the cream
- Add the chocolate praline cream to the pastry cream
- Mix this cream with the soft butter, add the egg yolks.
- Fill a pocket and fill the Brest paris in the verrines.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Paris Brest in a glass
My favorite wine for this recipe: Jurançon Cépage Gros and Petit Manseng and Corbu blanc
Temperature between 06 ° and 08 °
Prepare the choux pastry Choux pastry and buttered verrine A few slivered almonds Cook in the oven Praline cream