Rabbit Pie Recipe
It is a preparation that I adore, I like working the terrines and particularly the rabbit pie, I like the flavor of the meat that has marinated with a Puligny-Montrachet, the Burgundy goes wonderfully with this kind of terrine. The homemade shortcrust pastry here is flavored with spices, giving it a lot more flavor. I also like to find pieces of rabbit and make a rather fine stuffing, next time I will make you a pie without a chopper, which gives it other flavors and especially a different look. Of course you can make this rabbit pie with whatever wine you like, I like to serve my dishes with the wine I used for the marinade, it reinforces the flavors. The ideal will be to have a beautiful and big farm rabbit to make this rabbit pie.
Rabbit pie recipe for 12 people
- 450 g boneless rabbit
- 200 g rib of loin, boneless
- 100 g of throat, 1 chicken shallot
- 1 carrot
- 50 g parsley
- 5 cl of armagnac
- 18 g / kg of home cooking salt for terrine
- 400 g of wheat flour
- 200 g of soft butter
- 8 g of fine salt
- 0.05 g ground cloves
- 0.05 g of ground black pepper
- 0.05 g of ground cardamom
- 0.05 g ground nutmeg
- For the 35 cl Chassagne-Montrachet marinade.
- Prepare the shortcrust pastry.
- Add the ingredients to the food processor bowl, the spices and the salt, knead with the foil for a few minutes.
- Film then set aside in the cold.
- Wash the parsley in clean water, then hull it and dry it with paper.
- Peel the shallot then cut and chop the.
- Peel the carrots, then cut the duxelles. Bone the rabbit and the loin.
- Cut into small cubes 1/4 of the rabbit.
- Roughly chop the rest of the meats.
- Add the cubed rabbit.
- Add the parsley, carrots and shallot.
- Pour the armagnac
- Pour in the Chassagne-Montrachet, the meat must be covered.
- Cover with a film and let marinate overnight.
- Chop the meats, reserving the ¼ rabbit cut into small cubes.
- Add the cubed rabbit.
- Mix with your hands to evenly distribute the spices
- Line the pie pan with a crust.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry, about 4 minutes.
- Gently place the shortcrust pastry in the mold without drilling a hole in the dough, letting it overflow by 1 cm above. Pack the minced meat, until it is completely used up.
- Cover with the thickest part, solder the edges.
- Pinch or pick off the edges. Decorate the top of your pie.
- Do not forget to make a small fireplace, to relieve your crust.
- Brown with an egg yolk and a few drops of water using a brush.
- Place in a hot oven at 200 ° for 30 minutes, then lower the oven to 180 ° and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Protect the top with aluminum if it browns too quickly and cook for another 30 minutes
- Leave to cool well in the refrigerator.
- The next day, pour in the jelly, then leave to cool and unmold.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Number of people: 12
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Rabbit Pâté
My favorite wine for this Puligny-Montrachet Blanc Grape variety recipe: Chardonay
Temperature between 12 ° and 14 °
Trim the meatPrepare the marinadeMarinated meatPrepare the doughRoll out the doughSwitch to egg yolkCooked pâtéZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/8986104546178806233.jpg" class="aligncenter"