Recipe: Tart apple gratin with Morbier
Morbier potato gratin recipe, a typical Franc Comtoise recipe, the cheese melts gently in the potatoes and delicately flavor them. A potato gratin to serve with a nice green salad, I like it with a roast pork and its little sauce. The potatoes are the queens in Franche Comté before this department was named Haute patates, it tells you if this vegetable is present in our cottages. The Morbier cheese from Haut Doubs can be recognized by its strip of ash in the middle of the cheese and delicately scents all the cheese. Morbier cheese France, the one Americans won’t be able to copy
- Morbier potato gratin recipe for 4 people.
- 800 gr of potatoes
- 600 gr of Morbier (Franche Comté cheese)
- 10 gr of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the potatoes into very thin slices.
- Cut the cheese into strips ½ cm thick.
- Butter a dish and store the drained potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Then add half of the Morbier. Bake at 180 ° (th.7) for 1 hour.
- After this cooking, brown your dish (grill 250 ° about 5 minutes).
- Crush your dish with a spoon, then drop the cheese into your potatoes.
- Add a new layer with the remaining cheese and cook at 180 ° (th.7) for 1 hour.
- After this cooking if you think that your dish is not sufficiently browned, you can grill it again at 250 ° for 5 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hour (s)
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Potato gratin with morbier
My favorite wine for this recipe: Madiran rouge Cépage Tannat; Cabernet Franc ; Cabernet Sauvignon
Temperature between 16 ° and 17 °