Recipe for wild boar with red wine
Recipe for wild boar with red wine, I mounted my sauce grand veneur style with a little butter, chocolate and redcurrant jelly. A sauce which was very tasty, cooking the boar in red wine at low temperature allowed the boar to remain very tender. The guests have poured it over the plates. As an accompaniment I had made fresh tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms the day before, frankly with such a natural sauce they would also have done the trick. I like game cooked this way, one night for the marinade so that the meat is not too strong, at home we do not often eat game, because there is no hunter in the family. It is Daniel who will recognize himself who brought me half a boar, thank you for all these recipes made in this way, we loved this meat without any trace of fat and I was also impressed by its beautiful red color.
Recipe of wild boar in red wine for 10 people
- 1,200 kg boneless boar shoulder
- 350 g of smoked breast, cut into 2 cm strips
- 1 red Burgundy bottle of Cuvée Chanvan 2014
- 2 small onions
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon of juniper berry
- 30 gr of butter for toasting
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 square of dark chocolate
- 40 gr of butter
- 2 teaspoons of redcurrant jelly
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Bone the wild boar shoulder, then cut it into cubes that are not too big.
- Cut the smoked breast into 2 cm cubes.
- Peel and cut the onion.
- Pour the red wine over the meat.
- Add the bay leaf, juniper berries and peppercorns.
- Cover with cling film and let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill the large bacon in a large frying pan.
- Wipe off the meat with paper towels.
- Sear the meat in the pan and adding the fat.
- Color the boar on all sides.
- Sprinkle the flour and sear it.
- Pour the wine from the marinade after having passed it through the Chinese.
- Collect the bay leaves and onions and add it to the cooking.
- Put the lid on and cook in the oven, starting cold at 120 ° for 3 hours.
- Just before serving, recover the cooking wine, keep the tagine in the oven lowered to 80 °.
- Reduce the sauce a little, then dilute the redcurrant jam.
- Cut the butter into small cubes.
- Gradually add the very cold butter.
- Melt the square of chocolate in the sauce just before serving.
- Serve in hot plates and generously coat the boar.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 180 minutes
Number of people: 10
4 star rating: 1 review
Trim the meatPrepare the marinadeSeize the boarLightly flourSlice the baconAdd the seared baconZoomPlate
What wine to drink: Marcassin in red wine
My favorite wine for this recipe: Bourgogne Coulanges Cuvée Chanvan Grape variety Pinot noir
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
Partnership with the Domaine du Clos du Roi in Coulanges la Vineuse in Yonne
Bottles of Clos du RoiZoom
A thought to all those connected from France or abroad in love with French cuisine and these wines, here is a great opportunity for you to buy a quality wine, without any risk, to accompany my Marcassin au vin recipe. Red. I selected this 2014 Burgundy Cuvée Chanvan wine from the Clos du Roi estate after tasting it, I had already really liked the first contact with Magali, then that of Arnaud. You are going to love this nectar and the work of these passionate owners. I will tell you in another article how the Sun King appreciated the wine of Coulanges La Vineuse.
Burgundy Red Cuvée Chanvan 2014
Domaine Clos du Roi
17 rue André Viledieu
89580 Coulanges la Vineuse Phone: 03 86 42 25 72
Mail: magali [AT] closduroi.com </p