Recipe: Veal blanquette
Recipe Blanquette of veal or old-fashioned blanquette of veal. Cooking blanquette of veal in a cast iron casserole dish, with vegetable broth. The veal blanquette sauce with a white wine, I chose a Puligny-Montrachet from the Burgundy region. Veal stew; an easy recipe to make a little long but so tasty. A quick veal blanquette recipe. A veal blanquette sauce with an egg yolk.
- Veal blanquette recipe for 4 people:
- 1.1 kg of veal
- 1 calf’s tail or 1 calf’s foot
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 knife tip of powdered cloves
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 3 new carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- ½ yellow turnip
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- 25 cl of Puligny-Montrachet
- 350 g button mushrooms
- 15 cl of sour cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Cut your pieces of meat into equal parts, so that the cooking time is equal.
- Brown them in a cast iron casserole dish with the spoonful of olive oil and the veal tail.
- Flour the pieces of meat as soon as they have barely colored, distribute the flour well and then sear it.
- Rinse and cut the vegetables, leave the carrots whole, you will cut them when the cooking is finished.
- Place the vegetables in the casserole dish.
- Pour in the white wine and add 25 cl of water.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cooked 1 hour 30 to two hours
- Sear the mushrooms in a pan so that they reject their water.
- 30 minutes before the end of cooking, add the sour cream.
- Just before serving, add the mushrooms.
- Stop the heat and add the egg yolks.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Number of people: 1
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Blanquette de veau
My favorite wine for this recipe: Puligny-Montrachet, Grape variety: Chardonnay
Temperature : between 15 ° and 16 °