Alsatian Baeckeoffe recipe
Baeckeoffe the baker’s oven, here is a long tradition, where the baker baked baeckeoffe for everyone in the village. Alsace baeckeoffe here is a traditional dish linked to a region, it is the regional dish of Alsace, a region very close to my region, Franche Comté. Beef, Lamb, Back of meats that will marinate overnight with baking for several hours, this baeckoeffe will not leave anyone indifferent.
- Baeckeoffe recipe for 12 people:
- 1,200 kg of beef shank or boneless breast
- 1,200 kg of pork shoulder or loin
- 1,200 kg shoulder of lamb or leg
- 3.6 kg of potatoes
- 8 large onions
- 2 leeks
- 6 nice carrots
- 1 pig’s trotters
- 1 pork tail
- Goose fat for the dish
- 1 liter of Riesling
- 3 cloves
- 12 juniper berries
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 stalk of celery
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of peppercorns.
- 2 tablespoons of goose fat
- 1 bard of bacon
- To fight (close the lid tightly)
- 500 g flour
- 25 cl of water
- Cut the meat into equal cubes.
- Peel two onions then cut them in half and prick them with cloves.
- Place the meat in a large bowl with the carrots.
- Add the thyme and bay leaf.
- Pour in the tablespoon of peppercorns.
- Cut the stalk of celery.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves and Juniper berries.
- Pour in the white wine, it should completely cover the meat.
- Close the dish with cling film and let stand overnight in a cool place.
- Peel the potatoes the next day and cut them into slices.
- Peel and cut the carrots into slices.
- Peel and cut the remaining onions into rings.
- Brush the dish with a little goose fat.
- Combine all the vegetables in a dish.
- Start your baeckeoffe with a row of vegetables.
- Add a row of marinated meats.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used up.
- Cover the preparation with the wine from the marinade.
- Finally, put on the pig’s foot and tail.
- Cover with barding to protect from long cooking and the top potatoes.
- Mix the flour and water, then fight the Baeckeoffe mussel
- Bake in an oven at 180 ° for at least 5 to 6 hours.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 4 to 5 hour (s)
Number of people: 12
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with a Baeckeoffe
My favorite wine for this recipe: Riesling Grape Riesling
Temperature between 08 ° and 12 °
Cut the legCut the beefCut the PorkSlice the leekPeel and cut the carrotsSlice the onionsPeel the onionsMix the meatsMix the vegetablesMarinate overnightThe next day add pepperThen saltA layer of vegetablesA layer of carrotsFinish with the pig’s trottersFight the moldBreak the cooked flour<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/3853039753561205486.jpg" class="aligncenter"