Recipe: Beef kidney with mustard
Beef kidney recipe with mustard, this time it will be beef kidneys. They are really inexpensive and, well cooked, they are always well received at home. I tried to freeze some when finished, but frankly it wasn’t great, well we ate them but I won’t do it again. Of course the veal kidneys are still my favorite but these beef kidneys with mustard were not bad. Okay, it’s especially the sauce that will make the difference.
- Beef kidney recipe with mustard for 2 people:
- 1 beef kidney
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10 cl Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of frying oil
- 25g butter
- 1 large tablespoon of mustard
- Salt and pepper mignonette 5 berries
- Trim the beef kidneys or have them prepared by the butcher.
- Cut the kidney in half.
- Remove the fat that coats the kidney.
- Cut around the fat, avoid touching the kidney with the knife.
- Cut the kidney lengthwise into three parts.
- Slice the kidney into pieces according to the shapes.
- Heat the pan with the oil
- Sear the pieces of kidney in the pan with very hot oil.
- Rinse the grilled kidneys under the tap.
- Heat the pan with the butter.
- Peel then finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Sear them in the pan.
- Add the beef kidneys, salt and pepper to the mignonette.
- Add the mustard and let it toast a little.
- Deglaze with the cognac.
- Cream the kidneys, reduce and thicken a little, then serve.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Beef kidney with mustard
My favorite wine for this recipe: Beaujolais Cépage Gamay
Temperature between 12 ° and 13 °
Trim the kidney Grill the kidney Add mustard Coat the kidneys Zoom