Recipe: Beetroot clafoutis
Recipe for beetroot clafoutis to accompany red or white meat, this clafoutis won over all the guests. A new way to consume beets, with this recipe you will reconcile all people with beets. The red beet, here you cook it raw, it cooks in the cream and the Comté, in order to obtain candied beets, a gratin dish. Cooking red beets initially in cream with the potatoes, cooking red beets will end in the oven with a bed of Comté.
- Beetroot clafoutis recipe for 8 people:
- 300 g of peeled raw beets
- 500 g peeled potatoes
- 1 liter of liquid cream
- 250 g grated Comté
- Peel the beets and the potatoes.
- Cut the beets and potatoes with a mandolin.
- Pour the cream into a cast iron casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add the red beets, cook the beets in the cream for about 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes with the beets and cook for another good 1/2 hour.
- Pour the whole in a baking dish a layer of beets and potatoes, a layer of Comté and repeat until all your beets are used.
- Bake at 180 ° for about 2 hours.
- Thanks to Thierry, for this recipe
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours and 30 minute (s)
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Beetroot clafoutis
My favorite wine for this Madiran recipe, Grape variety: Tannat
Temperature between 16 ° and 17 °