Recipe: Black pudding
Black pudding recipe, I’ve been wanting to make black pudding for a long time. We love it and I always thought that making a sausage was classy enough. It’s quite funny, me who masters foie gras, lobster, sabayon and many other things. I had never made blood sausage and to be honest, I did not know how to do it and especially how to cook it. It is a great marriage uncle or even I would say a friend who came to guide me. King of the tarot, he also masters the trade of charcuterie and that’s good for all of us. Now I’m going to tell you about the taste of my blood sausage, fortunately 1 casing broke during cooking and we ended up with a part of black sausage burst in a deep plate. Shy in my first tasting of black pudding in my hand, I did not hesitate in the second, even hoping that another casing would come to top up our plate of black pudding. Now the taste is a pure wonder, a soft and tasty black pudding, a pudding that makes your mouth, not a few things dry, I loved eating it at noon and again this evening …….
- Recipe for black pudding for approximately 12 kg:
- 5 kg of pig’s blood
- 6 kg of onions
- 400 gr of fresh lard
- 500 gr of leek whites
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices
- 1 liter of liquid cream
- 1 small kale
- 300 gr of walnut kernels
- 15 gr of salt per kilo
- 1 nutmeg
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Peel the onions, then finely chop.
- Soak the casings in cold water.
- Blow into the hose to check that they are not pierced.
- Wash and finely chop the parsley.
- Remove the first leaves from the cabbage, then cut them finely.
- Clean and finely chop the leeks.
- Crack the nuts to have the kernels.
- Heat half of the lard in a cast iron casserole dish
- Sear the onions without letting them color.
- Add the leeks, in the casserole dish if it is large enough
- Sear the cabbage and add it to the already cooked vegetables.
- Weigh the complete preparation with the blood.
- Mix the vegetables with the blood.
- Add the parsley
- Stir and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spices, stirring to distribute the salt and pepper evenly.
- Pour the liquid cream and incorporate there with the rest of the preparation.
- Drain and adjust the seasoning if necessary, if you cannot taste it raw, cook a teaspoon of the preparation in a pan.
- Pour the sausage with a funnel directly into the casings.
- Limit the desired size of your sausages.
- Carefully put the sausage in hot water.
- Allow the temperature to rise to 92 °.
- Then simmer for about 10 minutes, the sausages go up, it’s almost the end of cooking.
- Prick a sausage with a toothpick to check its cooking.
- Place the cooked blood sausage in a circle on a tea towel.
- Brush a little lard while the blood sausage is hot.
- Enjoy without moderation.
Preparation time: 3 hour (s)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of people: about 12 kg of black pudding
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Black pudding
It will depend on the support
The bloodAdd the parsleyAdd the creamPut the sausage in the funnelPour the sausage into the casingsBlood sausage ready to cookZoomCook the blood sausageGently take out the sausagesPass the lard on the hot blood sausageZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/6318694463575762589.jpg" class="aligncenter"