Onion Blood Pudding Recipe
A recipe that requires a lot of work, but then what a pleasure to eat it all winter, just to put in the freezer. I particularly like to taste black pudding with onions and it is more and more difficult to find very good one and well I, I solved this problem. Well I admit that I have Christian a former butcher who comes to give me a big hand, no I should say that I give him a big hand. It is he who is at the origin of the recipe, it is my mentor for the blood sausage. I had my blood in a farm butcher’s shop located on the street in Vesoul, it only offers meat raised in Haute Saône. I think I will do an article later to present them.
Recipe of black pudding with onions for about 15 kg:
- 1 nutmeg
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Pork casings 34/36
- 7 kg of pig’s blood
- 0.500 g of pork steak
- 8,200 kg of onions
- 400 gr of fresh lard
- 700 gr of leek whites
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices
- 1.4 liter of liquid cream
- ½ kale
- 400 gr of walnut kernels
- 15 gr of salt per kilo
- Soak the pork casings in cold water.
- Put a little water in the hose and check that they are not pierced.
- Wash then dry it with food paper then emboss finely.
- Peel the onions, then cut them in half, then in six and finally finely.
- Wash the leeks, then thinly slice.
- Remove the first leaves from the cabbage, then cut as finely as possible
- Clean and finely chop the leeks.
- Crack the nuts then mix them in a food processor.
- Slice the purlin, then cut it into very small cubes.
- Heat the pork breakdown cubes in a Dutch oven.
- Let cook gently for about thirty minutes.
- Pass through a Chinese and return the fat to the pot.
- Add the onions and let them reduce under a low heat.
- In a cast iron casserole dish add a little lard
- Add the leeks, and let them reduce slowly, then add the onions.
- Repeat the same operation with the cabbage.
- Mix the cooked vegetables with the blood.
- Stir and season with salt, spice and pepper.
- Add the parsley
- Pour the liquid cream and incorporate it with the rest of the preparation.
- Cook a tablespoon of the preparation in a dry pan.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary,.
- Heat the water in a large container, stop at the first broth.
- Gently place the sausage in hot water.
- Raise the temperature to 92 °.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, the sausages go up, it’s almost the end of cooking.
- Prick a sausage with a toothpick to check its cooking.
- Place the cooked blood sausage in a circle on a tea towel.
- Grease the hot blood sausage with the block of lard.
- Enjoy without moderation.
Preparation time: 5 hour (s)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of people: about 18 kg
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Blood sausage with onions.
My favorite wine Alsace Pinot gris Grape variety Pinot gris
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Cut the onionsA generous amount of onionSlice the leeksChop the flat-leaf parsleyCheck the hosesAdd the spicesThe bloodMix the ingredients<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/5992109083693999997.jpg" class="aligncenter"