Recipe: Candied garlic
Garlic confit recipe, at home we love garlic. I prepared this recipe for the wedding of Mélanie my goddaughter. I know the people of the North are fond of garlic. You just have to see their smoked garlic specialty, I love it. I love it but I’ll tell you about it in a future recipe. The recipe for candied garlic will be served with the terrines the day after the wedding with all the other condiments. I should finish the condiments tomorrow with the wild mushrooms, which a friend is to bring me this evening. I am able to consume fresh garlic like Henry 4, well I admit that I do not have his panache nor with girls, nor in his fierce desire to take power. Finally, I hope to finish better than him. Garlic is wonderful in the preparation of the kitchen, once cooked, no more bad breath, this is what you can reconcile with fresh garlic and this recipe for candied garlic.
- Recipe of candied garlic for ½ jar:
- 5 heads of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of peppercorns
- 10 juniper berries
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 15 cl of Riesling
- 40 cl of olive oil
- Peel the garlic, removing the dry parts.
- Cut the larger pods in half.
- Transfer to a saucepan.
- Add the white wine, then the olive oil.
- The pods should be covered.
- Place the thyme then rosemary twigs.
- Pour in the peppercorns and the berries.
- Heat the pan the oil should simmer, but not boil.
- Cook gently for 45 minutes from the first bubbles
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Number of people: 1/2 jar
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Candied garlic
You can accompany in an aperitif
Purple garlic Crush the pods Peel the garlic Add thyme Let it be for now