Caramelized Macadamia Cookies Recipe
With macadamia nuts anything is possible, I like when they are salted and use them in cakes, they go wonderfully with my recipe for caramelized macadamia cookies. The little salty taste will amplify the flavors of the chocolate, the caramelized nuts bring this delicious little crunch by perfuming the mouth with this smell of caramel. I really liked these caramelized macadamia cookies with new flavors and the crunch of the nuts leaves no one indifferent, Good !! usually my cookies are soft and never have time to harden a little, the caramel dries them a little after 4 to 5 days, but frankly who can keep around thirty cookies at home for so long, or so the recipe must be multiplied by four.
Caramelized macadamia cookies recipe for 37 cookies:
- 125 g salted macadamia nuts
- To caramelize the nuts
- 40 g of water
- 60g sugar
- For cookies
- 500 g flour
- 8 g of fine salt
- 8 g of sodium bicarbonate
- 100 g butter
- 63 g peanut butter
- 170 g of caster sugar
- 170 g of vergeoise sugar
- 2 eggs (125 g)
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 180 g of dark chocolate in chips or crushed
- Preheat the oven to 170 °
- Take out the butter 2 hours before starting, so that it is at room temperature.
- Wipe the macadamia nuts in a clean tea towel to loosen them a little.
- Heat 40 g of water with the 60 g of sugar in a saucepan and heat up to 120 °.
- Out of the heat add the nuts and stir, the sugar will crystallize, the nuts will turn white.
- Return to temperature, the white sugar will caramelize and let it brown, the nuts will turn to caramel.
- Pour the caramelized nuts on a sheet of food paper, be careful, it is very hot.
- Crush the macadamia nut caramel as soon as it has cooled.
- Sift together the flour, sugar and baking soda.
- Add salt to the sifted flour.
- Add the peanut butter, butter and vanilla extract.
- Crack the eggs over the mixture in the mixer bowl.
- Incorporate the chocolate chips, without mixing too much.
- Divide the equivalent of a tablespoon of preparation.
- Form a ball like plasticine, tighten it well in your hand.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Leave a space of 2 cm between each cookie ball.
- Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand, use the hollow, they will just barely be rounded.
- Bake for 14 minutes in the oven in the middle position.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 14 minutes
Number of people: 37 Cookies
4 star rating: 1 review
Tool: Sugar thermometer (120 °)
What wine to drink with: Caramelized macadamia cookies
My favorite wine for this recipe: Cerdon rosé Grape Gamay, Poulsard
Temperature between 06 ° and 08 °
Crush the macadamiasCook in sugarCaramelizedLet coolMix the deviceDevice readyPrepare in a ballCrush with the balm<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2803047861973826881.jpg" class="aligncenter"