Cheese Puff Pastry Recipe
A small starter when you’re in a hurry, with a green salad and your evening meal is over. Cheese puff pastry, I love the crunchiness of the dough and the softness of the processed cheese, but at home we love all the cheeses, the soft the hard the raw and the cooked. You can also freeze this cheese puff pastry without cooking it, this way the day you are a little more in a hurry, hop 13 minutes in the freezer and everyone is happy and sits at the table. Of course with all the cheeses that we have in France, you can, as you wish, make other variations that are just as tasty. I served a Beaujolais village to serve my cheese puff pastry, I had excellent raw Iberian ham.
- Cheese puff pastry recipe for: 4 people
- 4 slices of goat cheese in a log (approximately 1/2 cm)
- ¼ of camembert
- 4 teaspoons of cream
- 40 g of Comté
- 1 egg
- 1 roll of puff pastry (or for the brave a homemade shortcrust pastry, with 2 teaspoons of Parmesan to flavor the dough)
- Preheat the oven to 250 °
- Roll out the dough on a barely floured surface.
- Cut 4 circles in your dough (if you don’t have a cookie cutter, you can use glasses).
- Then cut 4 other smaller circles.
- Place 1 goat cheese slice on the smaller circles, leaving the edges empty.
- Add the Camembert then the Comté.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add a teaspoon of cream per circle.
- Lightly wet the edges of the puff pastry.
- Place the large circle gluing the puff pastry, without pressing.
- Separate the egg white and yolk, brush the puff pastry.
- Brush the top of your puff pastry, pinching the edges with a fork.
- Bake, lower the oven to 200 ° then bake for 13 minutes and serve hot with a green salad.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: cheese puff pastry
My favorite wine for this recipe: Beaujolais village Grape Gamay
Temperature between 10 ° and 12 °
I thank Nadine who guided me for this recipe.