Chocolate and almond cake recipe
Here I present to you this beautiful chocolate and almond cake, a realization of my daughter Léonie, she made it alone! Frankly I’m proud, I couldn’t have done better, bravo Léonie. It’s been a long time since I imagined sharing moments of creation, but, with his adolescence, not easy to share my passion. With this chocolate and almond cake, it’s done and frankly it was me who had chosen the cake and to be honest, I had not chosen the simplest, she realized it like a real pastry chef, the cake looks 100% like the one in the photo, bravo Léonie. At home we particularly like everything related to chocolate, we have chosen a 70% dark chocolate from Brazil, a high quality vintage. Chocolate and almond cake, a marvel as beautiful as it is good, this realization is a bit long, but the result is frankly there. I chose a Vouvray wine, remembered for more than ten years in this beautiful region, to accompany this cake.
Chocolate and almond cake recipe for 8 people:
- 50 g of unpeeled almonds
- 50 g of flour (+ supplement to flour the mold)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100 g of ground almonds (or to make powder)
- 50 g flour
- 20 g chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of coffee liqueur
- 85 g dark chocolate for pastry
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs (200g)
- 110g caster sugar
- For the icing
- 90 g dark chocolate
- 90 g butter
- Preheat the oven to 140 °.
- Place the whole almonds in a pot of boiling water.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes, then remove the brown film.
- Dry them with absorbent paper.
- Cut the almonds into 3 sticks.
- Spread the sticks on a baking sheet;
- Roast them in the hot oven for 1 hour.
- Once finished, raise the oven to 180 °.
- Butter the log mold (round half cane mold), dimension 25X9X6
- Sift with the flour and baking powder and the ground almonds.
- Mix everything with a fork.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and the butter in a saucepan.
- Pour the chocolate into the hot butter, whip the preparation until the temperature drops to 40 °
- Crack the eggs directly into the mixer bowl, add the sugar and whisk so that it triples in volume.
- Add the coffee liqueur.
- The preparation should be thick, pale and creamy.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently incorporate the flour using a spatula.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Unmold the still hot cake and place it on a wire rack to cool.
- Cut in two or three parts lengthwise.
- Cover each layer with the ganache.
- Cover each time with the cake.
- Prick the cake with the almond sticks.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add the butter off the heat and incorporate it.
- Place the chocolate cake on a wire rack with a dish underneath, to collect the excess chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate directly on the cake, very cold.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
Roast the almondsMake the doughMelt the chocolateMix chocolate and doughAdd flourbuttering the panCooked logUnmoldSlice in threePrick with the almondsPour the chocolate
What wine to drink with: Chocolate and almond cake
My favorite wine for this recipe: Vouvray moelleux 2010 Chenin blanc grape
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Partnership with the Guertin house in Vouvray in Indre and Loite
A thought to all those connected from France or abroad in love with French cuisine and these wines, here is a great opportunity for you to buy a quality wine, without any risk, to accompany my chocolate cake recipe and almonds. I selected this Vouvray wine from the Domaine de Guertin, Vouvray moelleux 2010 after tasting it, I loved it. Its straw yellow color, it will change color again while improving up to amber. With age, the nose recalls apricot jam or even quince. They are no longer entitled to the late harvest appellation, but their softness has nothing to envy to the late harvest of the plain of Alsace. For the record, I personally know the Guertin family in Vouvray, these lovers of their vines, welcome you in their cellar as friends, if you pass through Vouvray, do not hesitate to visit them.
Cellar of the verrine
3, national road
Mail: cellierverrine [at] aol.com </p