Duck and Chicken Terrine Recipe
I am on vacation in Chambéry with my son, next week is the big move, in fact, he has just bought a house, with a great view of the lake, but shhh… I am therefore in charge of the restoration mission (no catering from the house (not yet) but meals to feed all those big guys), with a first request, a beautiful homemade terrine. The problem is that I don’t have my chopper, I found a great Grenilette et Cassolettes site with a nice terrine (you will find the link below), made without a chopper, well done and it works, in any case , I liked the recipe, of course, I modified it by bringing my personal touch and here is a beautiful Duck and Chicken Terrine. At the time of writing the recipe, I have not yet tasted my Duck and Chicken Terrine, but frankly the smells that hang around the house during cooking, and trigger enough desire. friends who are moving for a day, will be there to taste this beautiful Duck and Chicken Terrine without any restraint. I put it online today if you want to make it for Easter, now is the time.
Duck and chicken terrine recipe for 15 people (to prepare a short week before tasting)
- 800 g marinated duck breast
- 650 g chicken fillets
- 300 g of fairly fatty ribs
- 40 cl of red Pineau
- 20 cl of dry white
- 10 cl of drop
- 10 sprigs of dry thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 shallots
- 11 flat-leaf parsley
- 11 g of tarragon
- 18 g of fine salt per kilo
- 1 g of white pepper per kilo
- 2 g of 4 spices per kilo
- 200 g smoked bacon, thinly sliced
- Peel off the skin of the duck breasts.
- Slice the duck breasts into strips of 1 cm maximum, then into cubes.
- Slice the chicken fillets into strips of 1 cm maximum, then into cubes.
- Mix the meat, weigh the meat.
- Slice the pork loin into a cutlet, weigh the meat.
- Place them on the cubed meat.
- Pour the alcohol over the meat, along with the white wine.
- Add the thyme and bay leaf.
- Film so as to remove all air from the meats.
- Leave to rest for 24 hours in the fridge.
- Sort the pork loin cutlets, then mince them finely.
- Mix the pork with the salt and pepper, then the eggs.
- Roughly chop the shallot, parsley and tarragon.
- Add a little juice from the marinade and the herbs.
- Chop, with the hand blender, the preparation and the herb mixture and the pork.
- Season the cubed meat with salt, spice and pepper, mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Then mix this preparation with the rest of the ground meat.
- Line the bottom of the terrine with the smoked bacon, letting a little overflow around the edges.
- Fill with the preparation, tamping lightly.
- Fold the strips of smoked bacon over the terrine.
- Sprinkle with dry thyme and place a bay leaf.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 ° in a bain-marie for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then store this beautiful terrine in a cool place for a week.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Number of people: 15
4 star rating: 1reviews
What wine to drink with: Recipe Duck and chicken terrine
My favorite wine for this Côte Rôtie Grape variety recipe: Sirah and Viognier
Temperature between 14 ° and 16 °
Slice the duck breastSlice the chickenAdd the herbs to the meatsAdd the loin, pour in the alcoholMix with a little marinadeMix to obtain a fine foamPlace the smoked breast slicesZoom
Inspiration and origin of the recipe:
Site: Grenilette and Cassolettes
Thank you Isa Marie for this beautiful recipe