Recipe: Duck Parmentier
Duck parmentier revisited in a home cooking style. I did not use confit duck leg for this recipe, because I found beautiful sleeves on sale in my hypermarket. Of course at the end of cooking I recovered all the duck fat, which I passed through a Chinese then poured into a jar. Duck recipe that cooks with potato. A slightly rich but deliciously flavored potato gratin.
- Duck Parmentier recipe for 8 people:
- 3.5 kg duck sleeves
- 8 large potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons of duck fat
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 10 cl of white wine (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the sleeves under the tap.
- Place the duck sleeves in a large cast iron casserole dish, packing them a little.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 2 hours in a rotating oven at 180 °.
- Let the duck cool and place the sleeves on a grid.
- Pass the cooking fat through a Chinese.
- Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thin strips.
- Grate the onion, then mix it with the potatoes.
- Squeeze the two garlic cloves over the potatoes.
- Rinse the flat-leaf parsley under the tap.
- Finely chop the parsley then add it to the potatoes.
- Add the cilantro and ground cumin.
- Mix the potatoes well.
- Degrease the duck by collecting the meat.
- Grease a large earthenware dish with a brush with the duck fat.
- Place half of the potatoes.
- Place the duck confit on the potatoes.
- Finish with the rest of the potatoes.
- Drizzle with white wine (optional).
- Close the terrine.
- Put in the oven for 1 hour at 180 °.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Duck Parmentier
My favorite wine for this recipe: Fitou red Cépage Syrah, Carignana, Grenache noir
Temperature between 16 ° and 17 °
Peel potatoesSlice the potatoesSlice the potatoesBone the duck confitRinse the parsleyAdd the spicesStart with the potatoesThen the meatFinish with the potatoesBaked gratinZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/8617958200607576365.jpg" class="aligncenter"