Recipe: Fig and pear chutney
Fig and pear chutney recipe to accompany your foie gras. I like this pear jam with figs, a chutney to accompany a foie gras, but also a chutney to accompany chicken fillets, cakes to flavor this cake. I always serve my ice-cold pear chutney, in order to develop its aromas. Nothing too difficult in the chutney, just a little patience.
- Fig and pear chutney recipe for 20 people
- 2.600 g of pears
- 1 kg g onions
- 500 g figs
- 150 g of Cranberry
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 25 cl of balsamic vinegar
- 3 star anise
- 250 g of brown powdered sugar
- 50 cl of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 knife tip of ground cloves
- 4 star badian
- ½ teaspoon of green anise
- Cut the onions into small pieces and brown them with the oil in a cast iron casserole dish under low heat.
- Add all the spices.
- Peel and cut the pears into small wedges.
- Add the pears to the onions as soon as they are translucent.
- Cut the figs into strips, add them to the casserole dish.
- Add the Cranberry berries.
- Stir regularly, add the spoonful of cinnamon and the sticks.
- Add the vinegar and sugar, then the water, cloves, and star anise.
- Stir with a wooden spoon regularly, add the spoon of green anise.
- Add the cinnamon sticks.
- Cover with water.
- Simmer 4 to 5 hours, there should be no juice left, stir regularly.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 to 3 hour (s)
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with:
Everything will depend on the support
Thank you to Rosabel de Vesoul store for its dishes
IngredientsCut the onionsCut the shallotsSear onions shallotsFinely chop the figsAdd the figsCut the pearsAdd the pearsSlice the prunesCut the gingerAdd prunes and gingerLet cookReduced chutneyOn a plate<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/5606534853428160317.jpg" class="aligncenter"