Floating Island a dessert easy to make, for a refined end of the meal, I cooked the egg whites directly in the microwave. Floating microwave island impossible to miss, you will use the minimum power to cook your egg whites. Crème Anglaise for a floating island, you must film your cream to prevent it from crusting. Floating island a dessert flavored with Bourbon vanilla pods, scrape your pods well to extract as many small seeds as possible.
Recipe for 8 people:
- 1 liter of whole milk
- 4 vanilla pods
- 12 eggs
- 200 gr of powdered sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 110 gr of lump sugar (18)
- Break the eggs, separating the white from the yolk.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, starting with a pinch of fine salt.
- Add 120 powdered sugar regularly as soon as the whites have almost doubled.
- Split the vanilla pods lengthwise in half.
- Scrape the seeds with a knife and extract them to give your cream more flavor.
- Heat the milk with the vanilla pods.
- Beat the yolks with the remaining 80 gr caster sugar so that the mixture turns white.
- Leave the vanilla pods in the hot milk for 15 minutes off the heat.
- Remove the vanilla pods and heat the milk.
- Whisk the milk vigorously, incorporating the egg yolks under a low heat, be careful the appliance must not cook.
- Transfer the appliance as soon as the cream coats your wooden spoon, to stop the cooking of the cream.
- Heat the sugars in pieces in a saucepan, wetting two sugars.
- Mix your sugar so that the caramel takes on a beautiful amber color.
- Microwave the snowy egg whites for 40 to 50 seconds at minimum power.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 second (s)
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with the floating island?
My favorite wine for this recipe Rosé Champagne Grape variety: chardonnay and pinot noir
Temperature between 07 ° and 11 °
Vanilla podLet infuseZoomSeparate the yolksAdd sugarLet the yolks bleachEgg whiteEgg whiteSnowCook the creamDo not boilCover the backZoomReady<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/2517938865166304859.jpg" class="aligncenter"