Recipe: Foie gras and pears
Recipe for foie gras and pears, a happy marriage I like foie gras and its fragrance with the sweetness of ripe pear. A foie gras cooked in a tea towel, just half-cooked to develop its taste even more, beautiful colors and a marbled foie gras characterize a half-cooked cooking. At home, foie gras is all year round, but it is impossible to forget it for the end of year celebrations, I also like the days after the holidays with the TV shows and the leftover foie gras that I will taste again. You have understood that it is a true love story and every year I will present you new recipes with foie gras.
- Foie gras and pears recipe for 8 people:
- 1 lobe of duck foie gras 0.600 kg
- 1 ripe William pear
- 2 tablespoons of armagnac
- 1 tablespoon of port
- 9.5 g fine salt
- 1.2 g white pepper
- 0.5 g paprika
- 0.1 g of Espelette pepper
- Take the lob out for a quarter of an hour before stripping it.
- Deveine the foie gras by starting with the large globe, then the smallest.
- Weigh the salt and pepper.
- Season the liver with the pepper and salt and spices.
- Add the armagnac and the port.
- Mix with a wooden spoon, without heating the foie gras.
- Place the foie gras in sausage form on cling film.
- Wrap the sausage with the cling film, tightening the ends.
- Tie a knot at each end by moving the liver on the inside to compress it well.
- Film your foie gras at least three times, each time tying and cutting off the ends.
- Boil a large volume of water, as soon as the water boils, stop the heat.
- Place the foie gras. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of your sausages.
- Cool in a large volume of cold water, cooled with ice cubes.
- Leave to rest for a good week in the back of your refrigerator, before tasting.
Preparation time: 1 hour (s)
Cooking time: 18 minutes
Number of minutes: 8
5 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Foie gras and pears
My favorite wine for this late harvest Alsace Riesling recipe: Riesling grape
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
The lobClear the veinDraw the veinLiver veinSalt and spicesWeigh preciselyAdd alcoholForm a sausageTighten by the endsLiver to tasteZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/4813579112206198959.jpg" class="aligncenter"