Recipe: Lemon Chicken Tagine
Lemon chicken tagine recipe, a tagine barely spiced up with chili, and the raz el hanout flavored it well, it was divine. I like to taste all these oriental dishes where the flavors are mixed, the flavors a little spicy but always slightly. Besides, I don’t remember having eaten too strong a dish, they play with the spices but master them perfectly. I also really like lime when cooked in a sauce and always flavor it lightly, very discreetly. But I especially like the moment when you discover your tagine in front of friends, the colors in your eyes. Then come the perfumes, always a great time, good this time my tagine was too small, I did not have this pleasure. I did not take any risks with the lemon chicken, it is a flawless marriage, moreover the chicken drumstick lends itself well to meat in sauce, it perfumes very quickly.
- Lemon chicken tagine recipe for 4 people:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 kg of chicken drumsticks
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 limes
- 1 green chilli
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 large red pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 tablespoon of Ras el hanout
- 1 piece of ginger root
- 5 mint leaves
- 12 mini basil leaves
- Rinse the vegetables in cold water.
- Cut the chilli in half then remove the seeds roughly.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Cut the pepper in half, then remove the seeds.
- Cut the zucchini into large slices.
- Scrape the skin off the ginger and add 5 thin slices
- Cut the lemons in quarters.
- Grill the chicken with the oil, let the thighs brown well.
- Add all the vegetables, letting the chili just cut in half, it will be easier to spot.
- Pour 25 cl of water and simmer for an hour, watching it.
- Add the chickpeas 30 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Rinse the herbs then dry them with food paper.
- Finely chop the mint and add it with the small basil leaves, just before serving.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Number of people: 4
5 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Lemon Chicken Tagine
My favorite wine for this recipe: Bourgogne Pinot noir Grape Pinot Noir
Temperature between 16 ° and 17 °
Chicken pillons Slice the chilli in half Sear the chicken Then the zucchini Add the tomatoes Cut the limes in quarters During cooking the chickpeas It simmers