Recipe: Light veal blanquette
Light veal blanquette recipe, I love the blanquette. I slipped a bit with tradition, but this blanquette I wanted so much. Well I know, by putting tomatoes, I risk the wrath of the Puritans. But I really like cooking by instinct, often with the inspiration of the moment and the products available, here with this light veal blanquette, but so tasty. I love veal when it’s simmering gently in a cast iron casserole dish. For this recipe for light veal blanquette I used Savagnin du Jura, it is a wine with a lot of character, I love it.
- Light veal blanquette recipe for 5 people:
- 700 gr of veal blanquette, with or without bone
- 500 gr of veal breast
- 3 small onions
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- Heat the cast iron casserole dish with the oil.
- Peel the onions and cut them into quarters.
- Sear the pieces of veal without coloring them too much.
- Add the onions and grill them.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Add the tomatoes and bay leaves.
- Salt and pepper
- Deglaze with the soy sauce.
- Pour in the white wine.
- Simmer for 2 hours on low heat
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hour (s)
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Light veal blanquette
My favorite wine for this recipe: Savagnin du Jura Grape variety Savagnin blanc
Temperature between 09 ° and 11 °
Barely grab the blanquette Sear the blanquette all over Add the vegetables Deglaze with soy Zoom