Paella recipe, it’s been a while since I planned to make a beautiful paella. Dominique had ordered small red squids, a real wonder. I like to cook paella, always for several hours, but always very pleasant moments, with a little white… Paella, there are surely other recipes, some use rabbit, others no chorizo, everyone will find noon at their own. Porte, I like paella with chorizo, this sausage is pure Hispanic, it has its place in this Spanish dish. I would not have called it royal paella with these langoustines all fresh, however a little expensive.
- Paella recipe for 18 people:
- 1.500 kg of round rice
- 12 small chicken thighs
- 24 langoustines
- 1 kg of small red squids
- 300 g of squid rings
- 500 g large mussels
- 2 or 3 sweet chorizos
- 2 large red peppers
- 4 onions
- 6 beautiful ripe tomatoes
- 300 g peas
- 0.12 g of saffron (i.e. 3 packets of 4g Ducrot)
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 400 g of prawns
- Salt and pepper
- 15 cl of olive oil
- Peel the onions, then cut them finely.
- Rinse the peppers under the tap, then slice into small cubes.
- Rinse the tomatoes under the tap, then slice into small cubes.
- Pour a little olive oil into the paella pan.
- Add the onions and cook until they are transparent.
- Add the peppers to the onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Push the vegetables around the edges of the pan.
- Add a little olive oil.
- Cut the chicken thighs in half.
- Grill the chickens in the middle of the pan.
- Season the chickens with salt and pepper.
- Add the paprika once the chickens are well grilled.
- Turn the chicken regularly so that it does not burn.
- Finish cooking the chicken in the oven for 45 minutes in a hot oven at 180 °, rotating heat.
- Clean the squid.
- Add the squid rings and cook gently in the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper.
- Add the red squid to the center of the pan, pushing the previous products to the outside.
- Spread the ingredients in the pan around the edges, in order to have as much juice as possible in the center.
- Cook the langoustines for 2 to 3 minutes in the juice in the center of the pan.
- Then cook the mussels still in the center of the pan.
- Slice the chorizos into slices.
- Quickly grill the chorizo in a large skillet.
- Add the rice to the chorizo fat.
- Transfer the rice to the paella pan.
- Add the saffron.
- Add the shrimp.
- Cover just with water, cook under a low heat, the time announced for cooking the rice.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
Number of people: 18
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Paella
My favorite wine for this recipe: Côte du Ventoux Grape Grenache noir, Syrah, carignan
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
thank you to Dominique for his trust
Slice the onionsSear the onionsSlice the peppersCut the chicken thighs in halfGrill the chicken thighsFlip the thighsSear the peppers with the onionsAdd the tomatoesSear the squid whitesClean red squidSear the squidKeep the juiceCook the langoustines for a few minutesThen cook the musselsAdd the saffronSear the chorizo without burning itGrill the rice in the chorizo fatAdd the rice and waterThe paellaZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/1490942045540879830.jpg" class="aligncenter"