Recipe: Paris Brest
Recipe from Paris Brest, one of my favorite cakes. I took a long time to make up my mind, in reality it was Kiki who challenged me and I frankly love it. I don’t regret it, it’s a lot of work but the result is there. It is surely one of the most delicious pieces of pastry. I love the softness of the cream and the crunchiness of the choux pastry. Indeed I had it maybe a little overcooked, but I loved it, a real killer. I thought it was way too big and we did not have enough, it must be said that there were greedy and greedy that day. I will present to you in a few weeks, an interesting version of Paris Brest in a glass and there again they did not have time to hang around.
- Paris Brest recipe for 15 people:
- For the choux pastry
- 190 gr of milk
- 190 gr of water
- 9 gr of caster sugar
- 7.5 gr of fine salt
- 150 g butter
- 225 g flour
- 8 eggs
- For the cream
- 300 gr of pastry cream
- 200 gr of chocolate praline cream
- 400 gr of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flaked almonds
- 2 egg yolks
- Heat the milk, water, butter, salt, sugar.
- Add the flour off the heat by sifting it.
- Mix until you obtain a very homogeneous dough.
- Heat under the fire, stirring vigorously.
- Dry the dough for 2 to 3 minutes under the heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, in order to dry out the dough.
- Draw a circle 35 cm in diameter, it will be the outside of your Paris Brest.
- Fill the bag fitted with a smooth nozzle of 14 with the choux pastry.
- Start with a crown on the outside.
- Then a crown on the inside which touches the one on the outside.
- Then a crown that superimposes the two, well in the middle.
- Brown with egg yolks.
- Sprinkle generously with flaked almonds.
- Heat the oven to 240 °.
- Put the Paris Brest in the oven, turning it off, leave for 5 to 6 minutes, while the oven goes down to 180 °.
- Leave in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, opening the door after 10 minutes to drain the condensation.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Cut Paris Brest in half.
- Fill a pocket fitted with a notched nozzle of 14 with buttercream, making a figure of eight.
- Add a generous crown of buttercream in the center.
- Decorate with a second wreath on the outside that will be visible.
- Place the second part of the crown without tamping too much.
- Sprinkle generously with icing sugar.
- Place in the refrigerator before consuming.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Number of people: 10
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Recette de Paris Brest
My favorite wine for this recipe: Jurançon Cépage Gros and Petit Manseng and Corbu blanc
Temperature between 06 ° and 08 °
Let the milk infuseWhip the creamAdd the butterDry the choux pastryPlace 3 crowns of choux pastryCooked choux pastryPut the cream in the pocketZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/8184321333895496293.jpg" class="aligncenter"