Peas with bacon
Summary: Recipe for peas with bacon, it’s springtime and I particularly like the arrival of all these vegetables at the market. A very simple recipe and so generous different flavors. But we never tire of it, you will see everyone will appreciate it. Green peas on the plate, it makes you want to taste these beautiful vegetables. I flavored them with smoked pork belly. I cooked these peas with bacon to accompany my veal paupiettes with ricotta.
Peas with bacon recipe for 6 people:
- 1 kg of fresh, shelled peas
- 2 thick smoked bacon strips
- 1 fresh onion
- 4 sage leaves
- 40 gr of butter
- Roughly slice the breast into diced bacon
- Peel and then cut the fresh onion into eighths.
- Heat a casserole dish with the butter.
- Brown the bacon in hot butter for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and onion.
- Lay the sage leaves
- Cover with water.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1reviews
What wine to drink with: Peas with bacon
My favorite wine for this recipe: Beaujolais saint amour Grape Gamay
Temperature between 13 ° and 14 °
Slice the bacon grab the bacon Cook the peas Zoom Shell the peas