Recipe: Pickled Onions
Recipe onions in vinegar, for this I chose small white onions. I always like to have pickled onions to enjoy a homemade terrine. These small vinegar onions are slightly sweet and will decorate my next pâté en croute. Often I make an assortment, chanterelles, shallots, trumpets, onions, here is a house garnish worthy of large tables.
- Recipe onions in vinegar for 1 jar of 75 cl:
- 400 g small white onion
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat the vinegar, cinnamon stick and star anise in a saucepan.
- Add the Séchouan pepper and the red berries
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Set aside on a window sill, so that the liquid cools.
- Dry the aromatic herb with food paper.
- Peel the onions
- Cut the shallots in half so.
- Scald then dry the jar.
- Install the thyme stalks, so that they are over the entire height of the jar.
- Pour in the red berries.
- Place the onions at the bottom of the jar.
- Pour the cooled vinegar over the onions.
- Reserve under cover for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Enjoy the onions for the end of the year.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
Peel the onions Store in the jar Add the red berries Pour in the vinegar Add thyme