Recipe: Pineapple Cake
Pineapple cake recipe, I had the two pineapples that had marinated in white rum for a month. That day, we had no children for dinner, it was the right time to arrange this cake, yes like rum. Finally, the white rum partly disappeared during cooking, I will not say that this classic-like pineapple cake. However a guest did not hesitate to finish it in the morning for breakfast, for info while the others were asleep. Or there is embarrassment, there is no pleasure, good Gérôme I think you recognized yourself, I specify your first name or case you had not understood, I too would have liked to eat a piece of pineapple cake that morning.
- Pineapple Cake Recipe for 8 people:
- 3 eggs 160 g
- 160 butters
- 160 g flour
- 160 g sugar
- 160 g butter
- 2 small pineapples (I took the pineapple quarters marinated in rum, recipe here)
- Start by weighing the eggs, to have the weight of your four quarters.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Blanch the sugar with the egg yolks.
- Melt the butter then incorporate it with the yolks.
- Add the flour by sifting it.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Incorporate the whites with the yolks.
- Butter and flour a mold.
- Heat the sugar to dry for the caramel.
- Melt the sugar and let it brown (caramel recipe here, but no need for butter and cream)
- Pour the light caramel into the bottom of the cake mold.
- Place the pineapple quarters on the caramel, be careful, it’s hot.
- Pour the preparation over the pineapples.
- Pat the dish to evenly distribute the preparation.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for 35 minutes.
- Be careful, let cool for 2 minutes, then turn the cake over.
- You have to be very careful during this operation, the caramel is still partly liquid.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Pineapple cakes
My favorite wine for this recipe: Alsace Gewurztraminer late harvest Grape variety Gewurztraminer
Temperature between 10 ° and 12 °
Thanks to Thibaut and Janos for the wonderful photos, memory of a long weekend at Easter
Melt the sugar dryLet the caramel brownPour the caramelListen to pineapplesStore the pineapplesReadyPour the doughSpread outTap a bit on a mapBe careful with demouldingZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/7411414609997447709.jpg" class="aligncenter"