Recipe by: Pot au feu
The pot au feu is a warm dish. To cook a pot au feu, you will need a little patience, it must simmer with pleasure in its broth with the vegetables. For the preparation of a pot au feu, there is just an hour of work and then it is time that works for us. For this recipe, the pot-au-feu meat is necessarily accompanied with marrow bones. The broth will be served at the beginning of the meal, just passed through Chinese to remove all impurities, this special broth for the stew can be accompanied by small pasta. You will have as much fun preparing it as cooking it.
Ingredients of the pot au feu recipe
- Pot au feu recipe for 4 people:
- 1 oxtail
- 4 pieces of rib dish
- 4 pieces of chuck
- 4 marrow bones
- 8 medium sized carrots
- 4 white turnips
- 4 yellow rutabaga turnips
- 4 leek whites
- 4 stalks of celery
- 4 potatoes of the same size
- 2 large onions
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 6 bay leaves
- 5 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tablespoon of 5 berry pepper
- 2 tablespoons of coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of 4 spices
to follow if you want to make a success of your pot au feu
- Soak the marrow bones in clear water for an hour.
- Rinse the meat to remove all impurities.
- Tie the oxtail, wrapping all the pieces.
- Tie the marrow bones to prevent them from emptying when cooked.
- Place the meat in a large Dutch oven.
- Cover with plenty of water.
- Salt with coarse salt
- Add the spices and pepper.
- Place the bunch of parsley tied with the tail.
- Tie the thyme twigs, then add them to the broth.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Skim from the first broths, to remove all impurities
- Add 2 liters of water once the time has passed.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Tie the celery stalks into a branch, add them to the broth.
- Tie the leek whites cut into two sections, add them to the broth.
- Cut the white turnips and the yolks in four, add them to the broth.
- Add the whole carrots (I had chosen them the same size of medium sizes)
- Simmer at low broth, simmer for at least two and a half to three hours.
- Strain the cooking juices through a Chinese, to serve it as a soup with stale bread.
- Serve this pot with a homemade tomato sauce and pickles.
Preparation time: 50 minutes
Cooking time: 2 to 3 hour (s)
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: the Pot au feu
My favorite wine for this recipe: Beaujolais village Grape gamay
Temperature between 12 ° and 14 °
IngredientsMeatsThe marrow bonesOxtailTie up the boneCold water startPeppercornsCover with waterCoarse saltTie up the celeryTie the flat parsleyTie the flat parsleyGreat brothSkim regularly<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/3779910875775557954.jpg" class="aligncenter"