Recipe: Rabbit liver terrine
Rabbit liver terrine recipe, a recipe from my mom, she prepared it for us every year. A not very expensive recipe which will have big effects at the table, I like its taste. Rabbit liver terrine, ideal for entertaining friends, a quick preparation to prepare, ideal to start a meal with friends. Here is a great recipe to use your rabbit liver, you can freeze it to prepare your terrine when you have enough. It was a tradition at home, every year you had to wait until the end of the year to taste the rabbit liver terrine.
- Rabbit liver terrine recipe for 8 people:
- 330 gr of rabbit liver
- 165 gr of butter
- 1 leek
- 1 turnip
- 1 branch of fennel
- 1 onion
- 75 gr chopped parsley
- 30 gr minced garlic
- 120 gr of minced shallots
- 4 gr of fine salt
- 2 gr of ground peppercorns
- Wash the vegetables then roughly mince.
- Generously cover the vegetables with salted water
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the rabbit livers, simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Filter the broth, reserving it.
- Let the rabbit livers cool completely.
- Sear the minced garlic and shallots in the butter, without letting them color.
- Salt at the rate of 10 gr of salt for the liver per kilo.
- Pepper at the rate of 3 gr per kilo of meat.
- Let cool.
- Mix the liver with the shallots and garlic.
- Add the very cold butter.
- Pour a little broth to relax the preparation.
- Mold in a film to make a beautiful sausage.
- Let stand overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cut into slices just before tasting.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
Which wine to drink with: rabbit liver terrine
My favorite wine for this recipe: Aloxe corton grape Pinot noir
Temperature between 16 ° and 17 °
Rinse the vegetables Rabbit liver Blanch the livers Cooked rabbit liver Zoom