Recipe: Red mullet with fennel
Recipe of red mullet with fennel, a recipe from Provence, a recipe from the sun, I love the scent of candied fennel. This morning the Leclerc had beautiful small fresh red mullet, with us it is rather rare, we find them rather in net, I was tempted at first glance. Lightly grilled in oil with candied fennel, a real treat for the palet, the fish was deliciously tasty and slightly flavored with fennel and tomatoes.
- Red mullet with fennel recipe for 2 people:
- 4 small whole mullet
- 5 small fennel bulbs
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- 20 basil leaves
- 6 petals of sun-dried tomatoes
- 50 gr of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Remove the leafy stems from the fennel.
- Thinly slice the bulbs into strips.
- Bring a large volume of salted water to a boil covering the fennel strips.
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Filter the fennel slices.
- Wipe them with food paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan.
- Place the slices of fennel and let them gently candy for 15 minutes.
- Spread the fennels on the outside of the pan.
- Place the butter in the center of the pan, then the sundried tomatoes and basil.
- Sear the red mullet directly in the butter and oil over low heat.
- Salt and pepper.
- Gently turn the red mullet then sear them.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Number of people: 2
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Red mullet with fennel
My favorite wine for this recipe: Cheverny blanc Cépage Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc
Temperature between 06 ° and 08 °
I don’t know what happened with the photos, but they weren’t great.
Rinse the red mullet Start with the fennel Then the red mullet Gently turn them over Ready