Seafood Pie Recipe
Shrimp tart, it’s a bit of a seafood quiche, a seafood quiche, I hope the people of Lorraine will not be angry with me. I like seafood pie or shrimp pie better than a bacon pie, it reminds us of the holidays and the sun. Well the hulls are still a bit of work, but now we find some on Vesoul, they are still saturated with sand, as if we had picked them up on the beach the day before. Seafood tart, a nice appetizer full of flavor to start a meal with friends, or even with family.
Seafood pie recipe for 8 people
- 350 g of prawns
- 500 g of mussels
- 500 g of cockles
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 tomato
- 30 cl of fluid cream
- 300 g flour, sifted
- 150 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch of salt
- Prepare your shortcrust pastry using room temperature butter.
- Mix the flour with the cumin, then the butter, pinching with your fingertips, without kneading.
- Add the egg and a pinch of salt.
- Cover your dough with 2 sheets of baking paper then roll out with a rolling pin.
- Garnish your buttered mold and bake for 30 minutes in a hot oven at 180 °
- Disgorge the cockles in the water.
- Cook the mussels with a glass of white wine and a tomato, remove them from the heat as soon as they open and reserve them
- in a salad bowl.
- Pass the juice of the mussels through a Chinese and reduce it to have a small glass.
- Then cook your cockles, shell the shrimps, remove the shells from the mussels and cockles.
- In a salad bowl, mix the mussel juice, the crème fraîche, the egg yolks and the egg.
- Salt and pepper.
- Place the seafood on your pie shell.
- Pour over your preparation and bake in the hot oven for about 40 minutes at 180.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Seafood pie
My favorite wine for this Mercurey (Red) recipe (Grape varieties: Pinot blanc, Pinot noir)
Temperature between 13 ° and 14 °
I thank Violette and Patrice for the photos