Spring shells recipe
We had left for a spring risotto, after our return from the market. Only organic and regional products. When it was time to prepare our meal, I realized that I no longer had Arborio rice to make my dish. That’s why we made these Spring Coquillettes. As at home everyone is greedy, for once nobody had anything to complain about. I had kept all of my vegetable cooking water to cook my pasta, which gave my Spring Coquillettes a slightly special flavor. With these beautiful spring colors, when the Spring Coquillettes hit the table, everyone was already mouth watering. I took the precaution of cooking all the vegetables individually in order to respect the cooking, each vegetable was still barely crunchy. It was the last day of Florence in Savoy, impossible not to stand out for lunch.
Spring shells recipe for people
- 4 spring onions with the tail
- 5 large green asparagus
- 2 small zucchini
- ½ head of fennel
- 1 stalk of celery
- 300 g fresh peas (shelled weight)
- ½ bunch of flat chives
- ½ bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 200g of shellfish
- Wash all the vegetables.
- Shell the peas, cut the half head of fennel into small pieces.
- Slice the celery into small cubes.
- Peel the asparagus and cut into 2 cm sections.
- Peel and thinly slice the spring onions with half of their stems.
- Slice the zucchini into small cubes.
- Heat a large volume of salted water.
- As soon as the water simmers, add the peas (peas cooking time 25 to 30 min),
- And 7 minutes later, add the asparagus (cooking the asparagus 18min)
- Then add the celery and fennel (3 minutes before the end of cooking).
- Remove the vegetables, keeping the broth, for cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a wok pan
- Add the onions and zucchini.
- Add salt and 3 turns of the pepper mill.
- Cook 5 min, turning them regularly.
- Add the shells to the broth from which the vegetables have been removed
- Cook for the time indicated and drain them.
- Return the vegetables to temperature in a pan if necessary.
- Assemble the pasta and all the vegetables.
- Add chopped chives and parsley
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 28 minutes, plus the pasta time
Number of people: 5
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Recipe Spring shells
My favorite wine for this recipe Rosé les beaux de France Grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Grenache noir
Temperature between 07 ° and 08 °
Ingredients Cut the vegetables into cubes To cook Sear the zucchini cubes Zoom Spring shells </em