Recipe: Squid fritters
Recipe for squid fritters, I used fresh and frozen squid because guests arrived home without warning. Not really much difference anyway for the recipe for squid fritters, I will now tend to use frozen rings instead for this kind of recipe. This saves a lot of time and allows you to make squid fritters when you want to.
- Squid fritters recipe for 8 people:
- 500 g frozen squid rings
- 175 g flour
- 2 whole eggs + 1 egg white
- 15 cl of beer
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 40 cl of oil for frying
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Beat the 3 egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add the egg yolks, then mix.
- Pour in the beer and oil, mix to obtain a smooth paste.
- Gently fold in the stiff eggs.
- Leave to rest for 1 hour in the donut batter.
- Rinse the squid with water, if they are fresh.
- Prepare the squid, then cut them into rings.
- Wipe them with food paper.
- Heat the oil for the donuts.
- Dip the squid rings in the donut batter.
- Let them fry for a few minutes, the time for the dough to take on beautiful colors, nicely golden.
- Turn the donuts over and let them finish coloring.
- Place the cooked squid fritters on paper towels.
- Reserve in an oven at 80 °, which allows you to cook them all.
- I accompanied them with a light mayonnaise like here
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 to 3 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Calamari fritter
My favorite wine for this recipe: Grave rouge Cépage Cabernet Franc; Cabernet Sauvignon ; Merlot
Temperature between 12 ° and 17 °
Slice into rings Rings Prepare the dough Dip the rings Soak off well Careful frying his squirt Flip the donuts In the oven while waiting for the others