Moussaka recipe, impossible to end the summer without having tasted a good moussaka, eggplants are present in the markets. Souvenir of holidays in Greece, the lamb or beef moussaka, I love it, I love the softness of the eggplants that have been cooked in the meat. I like meat flavored with a little cinnamon, just a little bit, a hint. Moussaka is a way to visit this wonderful country which is Greece, it is impossible not to also think of ouzo to whet your appetite, with a nice ice cube.
- Moussaka recipe for 10 people:
- 3 kg of eggplants
- 1 kg of onion
- 1.5 kg of ground beef
- 1 can of peeled tomato
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 tablespoon of Provence herbs
- Olive oil
- ½ l of béchamel sauce
- Peel then mince the onions.
- Sweat the onions in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the can of peeled tomato.
- Add the salt and pepper spices and simmer for ½ hour, plugging the casserole dish.
- Mix the tomatoes if you don’t want pieces because of the children.
- Add the meat to the tomatoes and leave to cook.
- Separate the meat in the sauce.
- Wash the eggplants, cut off the ends.
- Thinly slice the eggplants lengthwise.
- Then wash and cut the tomatoes and add them to the onions
- Grill the eggplants with a little olive oil, just let them color a little.
- Be careful, eggplants are very greedy in oils.
- Assemble the moussaka by starting with a double row of eggplants.
- Pour in a little meat.
- Remember to cross the row of eggplant, your moussaka will hold better.
- Alternate meat and eggplant, until all your ingredients are used up.
- Heat the butter to make the béchamel sauce and pour it over the eggplants.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180 ° for one hour
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Number of people: 10
Cooking time: 60 minutes
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Moussaka
My favorite wine for this recipe: Corbières rouge Cépage Carignan, Grenache noir; Cinsault
Temperature between 16 ° and 18 °
Wash the eggplantsSlice lengthwiseGrill with oilFlip and grillGrilled eggplantsLet them color wellGrill the onionsAdd spices and tomatoesAdd meat and herbsDouble row of eggplantsThen meatCross the rows of eggplantsCooked moussakaZoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/3587912471439347950.jpg" class="aligncenter"