It’s the beginning of strawberries (in any case French strawberries) so it’s true that they don’t yet have the great flavors of summer. So I naturally made a strawberry pie, I imprisoned it in a chocolate cage (normal, we tasted it at Easter). I hesitated between a pastry cream and a chocolate ganache for the base of my Strawberry Tart, well I remained classic with the pastry chef. I also really like to flavor my shortbread with a lemon zest, but Léonie has trouble with citrus fruits, frankly do not hesitate to zest a quarter of organic lemon, but not too much! It must remain light. My shortbread is sublime, don’t think I’m playing it on myself, no! It is delicious and goes wonderfully with this beautiful strawberry pie.
Strawberry tart recipe for 8 people
- 160 g flour
- 25 g of starch
- 45 g icing sugar
- 35 g salted butter
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 30 cl of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 20 g flour
- 10 g of cornstarch
- 100g sugar
- For the chocolate grill
- 100 g dark chocolate
- For the shortbread
- Separate the egg.
- Combine the butter, salt, icing sugar and all the ingredients for the shortbread in the bowl of the food processor.
- Mix to mix, without insisting.
- Form a ball, film and set aside at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °
- Spread the shortbread dough on 0.5 cm across the mold.
- Add a little dough to make the edges of the pie
- Bake and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Unmold while hot then leave to cool.
- For the pastry dough
- Split the vanilla pod in half, collect the seeds and add them to the milk.
- Mix the sugar with the flour and cornstarch and eggs.
- Heat the milk with the vanilla pod.
- When it is hot add your preparation stir with a whisk until you get a tight preparation.
- Film your device so as not to obtain a crust, leave to cool then place in the refrigerator.
- The chocolate grill
- Melt the chocolate, then let cool a little.
- Trace the chosen pattern on the paper.
- Pour the chocolate into a mini pocket.
- Follow the patterns with the chocolate nozzle, then place your creation in the refrigerator.
- The pie
- Pour the pastry cream on the baked pie shell.
- Rinse the strawberries with plenty of water, then dry them with food paper.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries, then place them on the pastry cream.
- Unmold the chocolate grid, be careful, it is very fragile.
- Glue the grid around the pie.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 19 reviews
CustardPrepare the shortbreadSpread the pastry creamMake the chocolate pledgeStore the strawberries
What wine to drink with a strawberry pie?
My favorite wine for this recipe: the white Gaillac grape varieties Mauzac, Len de L’Ei, Muscadelle from Domaine Long Pech
A yellow color with some gold reflections, a nose with a few touches of citrus fruit can be pink grapefruit, very ripe, lychee, finishing, as a final touch, with barely tart apricot.
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °.
Cuvée La bastideZoo