Chard gratin recipe
My daughter loves chard chops, I had a little trouble at first, but with this chard gratin recipe, I like it. It must be said that the Comté enhances the dish well, it comes directly from Salins les Bains in the Jura. This time, to make a complete meal, I added grilled bacon and the green leaves of the chard chops, spinach style (saving no loss in this dish). Chard gratin: ideal for a family meal, in the evening, a small dessert and voila; of course you can play with the spices to give it different flavors. You can also (to give it a fun side, quite classy), add the leaves after the passage in the oven; in this way they will keep a beautiful green, it only remains to put them here and there, in order to let appear the toast of the county. Here is as I write my article, I say to myself: but why I did not think of it before.
Chard gratin recipe for 3 people:
- 1 bunch of chard chops
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 teaspoon of coarse salt
- 1 onion
- 100 g of smoked bacon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 30g butter
- 30 g flour
- 90 g of Comté
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- Remove the green leaves from the ribs
- Wash the leaves, then cut them finely like spinach.
- Wring the leaves then dry them in a tea towel.
- Cut the white section into 2 cm pieces, taper as you go.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan with a teaspoon of coarse salt.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion, then cut it finely.
- Heat a pan with the oil.
- Brown the chopped onion and the bacon.
- Add the chard leaves and cook them gently in the pan, cover halfway.
- Drain the ribs, collecting the milk to make the béchamel sauce.
- Mix the chard and leaves with the bacon.
- Place the chard chops with bacon in a dish.
- Prepare the homemade béchamel sauce.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour, stir constantly: the flour should not color.
- Add the cooking milk slowly while stirring, to avoid lumps.
- Salt and pepper.
- Grate the nutmeg.
- Pour the homemade béchamel sauce over the chard chops.
- Grate the Comté then sprinkle it over the preparation.
- Bake in a hot oven for 30 minutes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of people: 3
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Chard gratin
My favorite wine for this recipe: Cote de Blaye Blanc Grape varieties: Sémillon, Sauvignon blanc and Muscadelle
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Rinse the chard chopsStrip the chard chopSlice the whiteCook in milkAdd cheese<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/492275552398794612.jpg" class="aligncenter"