Recipe: Veal kidney
Recipe for veal kidney, we cooked them in cream and flambéed with cognac. Recipe for veal, kidneys, one of the noble parts of veal, I like them with cream but especially pink cooking. A starter for friends who appreciate veal kidneys and all the other offal. Veal kidney we accompanied them with pilau rice and fresh buttered spinach, just for the color.
- Recipe for 6 people: Veal kidney
- 3 veal kidneys
- 4 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- Heavy cream
- 8 tablespoons of frying oil
- 25g butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 glass of cognac
- Salt and pepper, 5 berries
- Trim the kidneys or have them prepared by your butcher.
- Cut the kidney in half.
- Remove the fat that coats the kidney.
- Cut around the fat, avoid touching the kidneys with the knife.
- Cut the kidney lengthwise into three parts.
- Slice the kidneys into pieces following the shape of the kidney.
- Heat the pan very hot with cooking oil.
- Sear the kidneys in the steaming oil and stir with a wooden spoon, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Filter the kidneys through a colander to extract all the fat.
- Place the kidneys in the pan and rinse them with lukewarm water, wringing them out with your hands
- Wash the pan and utensils.
- Heat the pan with the butter.
- Peel then finely chop the shallots and garlic.
- Sear them in the pan.
- Add the veal kidneys, salt and pepper with the mignonette.
- Deglaze with the cognac.
- Flambé the cognac as soon as it is hot.
- Cream the kidneys then serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Veal kidney
My favorite wine for this recipe: Pauillac Cépage Cabernet sauvignon; Cabernet white; Merlot
Temperature between 17 ° and 18 °
Thanks to Kiki for this demo
Kidney and its fat Remove fat Open the kidney Denervate the kidney Cut the lobes Cut the lobes in half Kidney trim Burn the kidneys High heat Rinse the kidneys In the big water