Wholemeal Bread Recipe
This is one of my favorite breads, plus it seems to be one of the best for the health, I particularly like the taste of its crumb and the flavor it gives off during cooking. It is a bread that does not go stale too quickly, good !! I admit that at home he does not have time to stale: I just eat it out of greed, a small slice in front of the TV. Wholemeal bread, this bread withstands freezing wonderfully, each time I make three at a time and freeze two. I never store it for long: they are eaten during the week and this allows me to change breads every 4 days. I love having lunch with this wholemeal bread, a nice toast with a little sweet or even salted butter, morning happiness, no need to run after fresh bread, especially with these cold weather in January.
Wholemeal bread recipe for: 3 breads
- 500 g of type 150 flour
- 360 g of water at 20 °
- 100 gr of liquid sourdough
- 3 g fresh baker’s yeast
- 10 g of salt
- Preheat the oven to 230 °.
- Pour the flour, water, liquid sourdough, crumbled yeast and salt into the food processor.
- Mix 4 minutes at low speed, then 6 minutes at high speed.
- Flour the work surface.
- Form a ball, place it on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Flour the work surface and divide the ball into 3 pieces of equal weight.
- Give them a rounded shape by tucking the base inside.
- Cover with a cloth and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Gently flatten the dough pieces with the palm of your hand.
- Fold the dough pieces a third and press with your fingertips.
- Turn 180 ° and fold back the other part by pressing with your fingertips.
- Fold the dough pieces in half lengthwise.
- Roll under the hands to give it an oval and pot-bellied shape.
- Place the dough pieces on a baking sheet, solder underneath.
- Lamer the dough pieces.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Pour 5 cl of water in the bottom of the oven.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool out of the oven.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of people: 3 whole breads
4 star rating: 1 review
let it grow Divide into three loaves
What wine to drink with: Wholemeal bread
The choice will be made with the main course.
Source: Le Larousse du pain by EricKayser