Recipe: Wild boar terrine with blueberries
Wild boar terrine recipe. This is summer, the freezers must be emptied. I used fresh blueberries for my wild boar terrine recipe, they are coming to the markets and I love this fruit. Baked wild boar terrine a long and gentle cooking so that the wild boar terrine remains soft. I have coated my earthenware terrine with smoked bacon bard, they will delicately perfume my wild boar terrine.
- Recipe Wild boar terrine with blueberries for 10 people
- 1 kg of wild boar
- 200 gr of throat
- 500 gr of pork loin
- 200 gr of frozen blueberries
- 2 large onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 shallots
- 300 gr thinly sliced smoked bacon
- 27.20 gr of fine salt (i.e. 16 gr per kg)
- 4 gr of gray pepper
- 3 tablespoons of armagnac
- 1 bottle of Cahors wine
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1 clove
- Peel and slice the carrots.
- Peel the onions and cut them into quarters.
- Peel the garlic clove.
- Bone the wild boar and cut it into small cubes.
- Denote and degrease the pork loin.
- In a large bowl, store the meat cut into pieces, add the vegetables.
- Cover with Cahors red wine.
- Shoot with stretch wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours or better 48 hours.
- In a large salad bowl, chop your meat and throat as well as all the vegetables in the marinade.
- Mix by hand, salt and pepper.
- Add the frozen blueberries, mix to distribute the fruits evenly.
- Respect the dosages of salt and pepper, it is really important for the balance of your terrine.
- Line the side of your terrine with the smoked bacon, letting a little overflow to cover the top. Cover the bottom of the terrine.
- Fill your terrine by tamping.
- Once your terrine is well loaded, press with your fist. Close with the bacon bards.
- Bake in a cold oven at the start, in a bain-marie for 1h30 at 150 °.
- Wild boar terrine marinated for a few days in a salted Cahors sweetened with blueberries, enhanced with armagnac. Roasted in the oven a real delight.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Number of people: 10
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Wild boar terrine with blueberries
My favorite wine for this recipe is a Beaune Grape: Pinot noir
Ideal wine temperature between ° 16 and 17
PresentationCut the meatMarinate 1 nightChop the boarChop the porkAdd the blueberriesline with strips of baconCover the bottom of the terrineClose the top of the terrineTerrinne cookedUnmoulded terrineTerrine and blueberries<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/7623068416101707922.jpg" class="aligncenter"