Asparagus with a fine and delicate taste that is slightly nutty. Asparagus easy recipe, asparagus cooked in water, steamed tips. This preparation of asparagus is more complicated than cooking in a pressure cooker, but frankly the result is completely different, your asparagus will be a real delight An asparagus starter with the arrival of spring, just salt with the flower of Guérande salt, they will be served as a starter but also as a main course. We also find organic asparagus, for amateurs. Asparagus from Alsace or asparagus from Poitou. I love asparagus, it’s the arrival of the sun, I love these moments when we stroll on the market to find the most beautiful asparagus. For this recipe, I offer plain asparagus, just salted with fleur de sel from Guérande or the south. Asparagus, the great friend of diets.
- Asparagus recipe for 4 people:
- 1.200 g of asparagus
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the asparagus starting with the foot and ending with the head, the closer you get to the tip the less you press on your peeler (your peeling must stop 2 cm from the tip).
- Wrap your asparagus with a heavy cotton tea towel.
- Adjust your tea towel so that it leaves the tips free
- Tie lightly with a string, in fact, you will cook your asparagus upright in salted water but cold at the start.
- Close your pan with film, so that your tips steam, under a low heat, the water simmers.
- Allow between 20 and 25 minutes, depending on the size.
- Let cool, to serve your asparagus.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with asparagus?
My favorite wine for this recipe Alsace tokay Grape variety: Pinot gris
Temperature between 11 ° and 12 °
Thank you to Rosabel de Vesoul store for its dishes.
Thanks to my friend Thibaut Bouvier for all his photos.
Finally, thank you to my son, what a joy to cook with you.
Asparagus Peel Cut off the foot Store the asparagus Tie up the package Ready to cook Put in water Cook under film