Recipe: Wellington Beef
Beef Wellington recipe. A beef tenderloin recipe, for an exceptional meal. A beef Wellington tenderloin for special occasions, with this tenderloin the cutting in the dining room is almost mandatory. Beef Wellington a fillet of beef for lovers of red meat and spectacle. Beef Wellington a recipe across the Atlantic, thank you Arthur Wellesley, First Duke of Wellington
- Beef Wellington recipes for 4 people
- 1kg of beef tenderloin
- 80 gr of butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 shallots
- 500 gr of button mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 250 gr of flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ liter of milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 600 gr of puff pastry
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator ½ hour before searing it.
- Enter the piece of beef in a pan with the butter and a spoonful of olive oil, without pricking it, salt and pepper.
- Let the piece of beef cool.
- Clean the mushrooms, then slice them very finely.
- Peel then mince the shallots
- Add a spoonful of olive oil to the pan, then sear the shallots
- Add the mushrooms and sear them until the water has completely evaporated, salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs into an omelet, add the flour in rain then the spoon of olive oil, let the pancake batter stand for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pancakes in the pan
- Place the pancakes on a cutting board, spread the mushroom duxelle.
- Place the piece of Beef on the mushrooms, then cover with the rest of the mushrooms.
- Cover the piece of beef with the pancakes.
- Roll out the puff pastry, then roll it into a ball to break the puff pastry, then roll out the dough again into a rectangle.
- Place the prepared piece of beef on the spread puff pastry, cover the piece entirely with the puff pastry, welded with a brush and water.
- Brush the puff pastry with the egg yolk topped with a little water
- Bake in a very hot 250 ° oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let stand a few minutes before cutting.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Number of people: 4
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with Wellington Beef
My favorite wine for this Canon- Fronsac recipe Grape variety: Cabernet; cabernet sauvignon; Merlot
Temperature between 15 ° and 17 °