Recipe: Beetroot and cream
Summary: Beetroot and cream recipe, ideal to accompany the aperitif of large meals, it will change peanuts or olives. I love its taste and its color, they capsize me these beautiful beets that arrive directly from the garden of grandma Ginette, thank you for thinking of us. I had a friend who doesn’t eat vinegar and mustard, so I replaced her with lemon juice. Otherwise I think I would have used balsamic vinegar, but frankly it was really great. In any case, a great success which had a great effect when I presented it at the table. Full of eyes and frankly the taste was there, my friends discovered new flavors of beetroot and that’s good. As for me, I am also satisfied with my beetroot and cream.
- Beetroot and cream recipe for 8 people:
- 3 red beets
- 1 raw garlic
- 4 drops of Tabasco
- 15 cl of liquid cream
- ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 bay leaves.
- 1 tablespoon of flaked almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °
- Place the red beets on aluminum foil, previously oiled.
- Add the rest of the oil to the beets.
- Sprinkle with peppercorns.
- Place the bay leaf.
- Close the aluminum tightly.
- Bake in the hot oven for 2 hours.
- Roast the almonds in a hot pan.
- Meanwhile, shell the cardamom nuts to remove the seeds.
- Pound the seeds with a mortar, so that only dust remains, pass through fine Chinese.
- Peel the red beets.
- Blender the cooked red beets with the cardamom powder.
- Add ½ the juice of a lemon.
- Cream gradually to keep the taste of the beets.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Pour into the siphon and refrigerate for at least two hours, ideal to prepare the day before.
- Siphon on a parsley gelatin just before serving.
- Garnish with a few flaked almonds.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
Number of people: 8
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Beetroot and cream
My favorite wine for this recipe: Auxerrois blanc d’Alsace Cépage Auxerrois
Temperature between 08 ° and 10 °
Peel the red beets Salt and pepper Mix with garlic Switch to chinese Add the cream