Recipe: Blueberry Chutney
Blueberry chutney recipe, to accompany a homemade foie gras, the acidity of the blueberries will compensate for the sweetness of the figs. The different chutneys: Fig chutney; Blueberry chutney; fig chutney; onion chutney. Nothing better for the end of the year celebrations with an easy recipe, always a little pride with this homemade preparation.
- Blueberry chutney recipe for 8 people
- 380 g of thawed blueberries
- 220 g onion
- 50 g of apples
- 130 g ripe figs
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of sweet pepper
- Peel the apples and onions, cut them into small pieces.
- Heat a saucepan with olive oil, brown the onion so that it is translucent.
- Add the blueberries, apples and all the other ingredients and simmer over low heat for two to 3 hours.
- The purpose of chutney is to completely release its juice.
- As soon as the chutney has evaporated all its juice, let it cool, then refrigerate.
- To taste:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 2 to 3 hour (s)
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with:
Everything will depend on the support
With your blueberry chutney:
foie gras in a tea towel
Venison terrine with cranberries
- Figs Chutney
- Fig and pear chutney
- Pear chutney
- Quince and apricot chutney
A very nice idea this chutney. Me who loves blueberries!
This chutney is wonderful, the blueberries lend themselves well to this recipe, frozen they are always so wonderful. I love blueberries.
Thank you for your comment and your visit.
very beautiful chutney! I can already see myself spreading it, on fresh cheese and country bread .. yum!
Have a good start to the week and thank you for your visit!
Gut, you’re right about the blueberries but for a chutney you can easily use frozen blueberries.
Have a good All Saints weekend
Thank you for your comment and in addition there is the taste.
Sure !! it is the chutney that was needed, it is an excellent idea and fabulously successful, well done again and thank you thank you, your blog is full of excellent and very great recipes…. Great !!!
nice end of the day big kisses
oh la la, how good that must be! with foie gras it must be great! I have to print it straight away and put it in my recipes. On the other hand for Christmas, it seems to me ruined to find the ingredients. Pascal kisses see you later
You’re very early, to be honest I planned to use blueberries for something else. but the chutney is really too good.
thanks for your visit
Yum I love this chutney, and your delicious wild boar terrine,
thank you for your visit,
I discovered a very nice blog, and above all very appetizing, kisses, Mamouzette
Your reactions / questions / tips: Cancel reply