Recipe for candied tomatoes in a glass
Summary . When we tasted with my brother, I let him get it. We went from beetroot to cherries, a nice surprise in the mouth with these tomatoes in verrine. The tomato pieces were so candied that they looked like cherries. I really liked this recipe, full of flavor. I had bought my tomatoes almost a week in advance, so that they were very ripe. I will do this recipe again, which cooks gently over a low heat. Of course, do not forget to stir regularly, otherwise the candied tomatoes in the glass will stain the bottom of the pan.
Recipe for candied tomatoes in a glass for 6 people:
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of heavy cream
- 100 g of mascarpone
- 1 egg
- 50 g sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 10 cl of wine vinegar
- 10 cl of balsamic vinegar
- 100 g of country loaf bread
- 6 sprigs of chives
- Rinse the tomatoes under cold water.
- Cut in half, seed, then roughly crush with a knife.
- Peel the shallots and garlic, then finely chop.
- Place the tomatoes in a saucepan with the chopped shallots and garlic.
- Add the sugar and vinegars and leave to stew for 1 hour.
- Add the cream at the end of cooking
- Salt and pepper.
- Let cool.
- Separate the white from the egg yolk.
- Whip the white into fairly firm snow.
- Mix the yolk with the mascarpone.
- Add the stiff eggs to the mascarpone preparation.
- Salt and pepper.
- Fill half of the verrines.
- Place the tomato compote on the height of 1 cm.
- Cover with the rest of the mascarpone.
- Plant a sprig of chives on each verrine.
- Chisel 3 chives with a scissors directly on the verrines.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Number of people: 6
4 star rating: 1reviews
What wine to drink with: Candied tomatoes in a glass
My favorite wine for this Côtières de Nîmes recipe Grape varieties: Carrignan, cinsault, Grenache noir
Temperature between 15 ° and 16 °
Source: Saveur magazine
Roast the tomatoes Ingredients