Recipe: Caramel Macarons
Recipe for caramel macarons, tastes and colors, I love them all. However, the salted butter caramel to garnish the macaroons must be well set. I often fall for a salted butter caramel and I particularly like when you add the very cold cream to the hot caramel, gently, gently. Then finally out of the heat, we add the salted butter in small doses and there, finally, forms this beautiful sauce so tasty. I love caramel macaroons. We had some difficulties with the hulls but it was raining a lot, the weather was wet and the meringue doesn’t like humidity too much.
- Caramel macarons recipe for 100 macaroons:
- 342 gr of ground almonds
- 342 gr of icing sugar
- 124 gr of egg white
- Italian meringue
- 128 gr of egg white
- 175 gr of water
- 324 gr of granulated sugar
- Caramel sauce
- 450 gr caster sugar
- 200 gr salted butter
- 40 cl of 33% fluid cream
- Heat the sugar in a dry saucepan on a large bottom.
- Stir with a wooden spoon, incorporating the sugar still in crystals.
- Gradually add the very cold cream to the melted caramel.
- Stir in the cold butter in small pieces off the heat.
- Leave the caramel to cool in the refrigerator for half an hour, then,
- Pour the caramel into a dish and let cool in the fridge overnight
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Store the whites in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be perfect for macaroons in 48 hours.
- Mix then sift the almond powder and icing sugar.
- Make a well
- Add the 124 gr of egg white.
- Add the coloring
- Mix with a spatula.
- Assemble the 128 g of white snow.
- Heat the water and add the sugar, go up to 122 °.
- Gently pour in the syrup without touching the sides of the mixer.
- Beat until the device has dropped to 50 °
- Macaronate the Italian meringue and the almond powder with a spatula.
- The preparation should become supple, smooth and shiny.
- Under a sheet of baking paper, slide the templates
- Form small balls 3-4 cm in diameter using a No. 8 piping bag.
- Lightly tap the baking sheet to release any air bubbles.
- Leave to crust (dry) 30 minutes, the macaroons are dry to the touch before placing in the oven
- Bake in a hot oven at 150 ° C for 19 min.
- Leave the macaroons to cool after cooking before peeling them off.
- When the shells are cold, garnish half the shells with a pastry bag with caramel.
- Assemble with a second shell and turn it to distribute the filling.
- Place the macaroons in an airtight box and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours so that the macaroons become soft.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 19 minutes
Number of people: 1
4 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: caramel macaroons
My favorite wine for this recipe: Jurançon grape variety Gros Manseng and petit, Corbu blanc
Temperature between 06 ° and 08 °
Almond powderRespect the temperatureMake the caramelUse a marqueeMacaronnerLeave to crust for 30 minutesCooked cockleszoom<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/8351438985705846827.jpg" class="aligncenter"