Recipe: Beef fillet in a chanterelle crust
Recipe for fillet of beef in a chanterelle crust, or chanterelle, depending on the region where you find, a piece of beef worthy of the great tables for the end of year celebrations. We love beef tenderloin at home and we each manage to find their own cooking. Lightly flavored crusted beef with a duxelle of fresh chanterelles, a crispy dough with tender and soft meat. I like the fresh chanterelle, I like in the fall to browse the woods in search of the chanterelle. Beef and chanterelle, a great marriage of convenience for an end-of-year meal. nothing better to entertain red meat lovers than this fillet of beef in a Girolle crust.
- Recipe Beef fillet in a chanterelle crust for 8 people:
- 1.8 kg of beef tenderloin
- 100 g butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 shallots
- 300 g of fresh chanterelles
- 200 g button mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 600 g puff pastry
- 250g of flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ liter of milk
- 10 cl of white wine
- 2 egg yolks
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator ½ hour before searing it.
- Sear the piece of beef in a pan with the butter and a spoonful of olive oil, without pricking it, salt and pepper.
- Let the piece of beef cool.
- Clean the mushrooms, then slice them very finely.
- Peel then mince the shallots.
- Add a spoonful of olive oil to the pan, then sear the shallots.
- Discard the mushrooms, sear them until the water has completely evaporated.
- Add the white wine, salt and pepper, let reduce.
- Beat the eggs in an omelet, add the flour in rain and the milk then the spoon of olive oil, leave the pancake batter to rest for 15 minutes.
- Cook the pancakes in the pan.
- Place the pancakes on a cutting board, spread the mushroom duxelles.
- Place the piece of Beef on the chanterelles, then cover with the rest of the mushrooms.
- Cover the piece of beef with the pancakes.
- Roll out the puff pastry, then roll it into a ball to break up the puff pastry, then roll out the dough again into a rectangle.
- Place the prepared piece of beef on the spread puff pastry, cover the entire piece with the puff pastry, weld with a brush and water.
- Brush the puff pastry with the egg yolk and a little water.
- Bake in a very hot oven, 250 °, for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Leave to rest for a few minutes before cutting.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Number of people: 8
5 star rating: 1 review
What wine to drink with: Beef tenderloin in chanterelle crust
My favorite wine for this Canon-fronsac recipe Grape variety: Cabernet; Cabernet Sauvignon ; Merlot
Temperature between 15 ° and 17 °
Sear the button mushroomsSear the chanterellesBake the pancakesCrepes duxelles and filetCover with a pancake<img src="/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/4022208036710956385.jpg" class="aligncenter"